verycraft Index du Forum

verycraft
Serveur Minecraft

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Love Sex Money And Power A Devotional Commentary

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    verycraft Index du Forum -> Divers -> Plainte
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
hentale

MessagePosté le: Sam 8 Juil - 22:01 (2017)    Sujet du message: Love Sex Money And Power A Devotional Commentary Répondre en citant

Love, Sex, Money, and Power: A Devotional Commentary
by Edward B. Allen
rating: 5.0 (1 reviews)

->>>DOWNLOAD BOOK Love, Sex, Money, and Power: A Devotional Commentary
READ BOOK Love, Sex, Money, and Power: A Devotional Commentary

Love, sex, money, and power seem to be necessary for happiness in modern life. The bookstore down the street carries self-help and how-to books, promising success. But rampant divorce indicates lasting love is rare. Sexy advertisements imply one must buy their products for satisfying sex. Many yearn for a lottery jackpot, but only a few win. The corporate rat race shows that power is limited to the elite. The bookstore may not have answers, but God does. What does the Bible have to say about love, sex, money, and power? What are his answers for today?

Love, Sex, Money, and Power: A Devotional Commentary is a topical study with a devotional emphasis. Biblical principles are valuable for everyone, but new-adult Christians (ages 18-30), in particular, will find this book especially relevant. It includes personal stories and applications. The body of this book is comments on the Scriptures in everyday language, punctuated by short meditations.

Love, Sex, Money, and Power: A Devotional Commentary is based on the conviction that any ordinary Christian can read and understand the main ideas of the Scriptures and find them relevant to life today. It is not an academic commentary, but notes include cultural information and definitions of key Greek words from commonly available references, such as Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible. Features include Scripture quotations from the Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB) and other modern translations, meditations, a wealth of Bible cross references, and an index. The following is the table of contents.
<ol> <li>Love, sex, money, and power
&nbsp;
I. Love </li><li>"Nobody loves me" <ul> <li>Does anybody love me? </li><li>How do I react to love? </li><li>Why don&#x2019;t I feel loved? </li></ul> </li><li>"I love mankind; it&#x2019;s people I can&#x2019;t stand" <ul> <li>Love myself? </li><li>Love my family? </li><li>Love my wife? </li><li>Love my brother? </li><li>Love my neighbor? </li><li>Love a stranger? </li><li>Love my enemy? </li><li>Do I have to love everybody? </li></ul> </li><li>"Happiness is a warm puppy" <ul> <li>How can I love with actions? </li><li>Is love just a warm feeling? </li></ul>
II. Sex </li><li>"Safe sex" <ul> <li>Who invented sex? </li><li>Is intimacy in marriage possible? </li><li>Is safe sex really safe? </li></ul> </li><li>"If it feels good, do it" <ul> <li>Are we liberated yet? </li><li>Are we having fun yet? </li><li>Should I do it? </li></ul> </li><li>"Looking for love in all the wrong places" <ul> <li>Isn&#x2019;t premarital sex normal? </li><li>Where can I find love? </li><li>Looking for love like everyone else? </li></ul>
III. Money </li><li>"I never have enough" <ul> <li>Will God provide for me? </li><li>Can I quit my job? </li><li>Will I always be poor? </li></ul> </li><li>"Give and it shall be given unto you" <ul> <li>Will God make me rich? </li><li>Is money the root of all evil? </li><li>Is it for a good cause? </li><li>Why am I not prosperous yet? </li></ul> </li><li>"He who dies with the most toys wins" <ul> <li>How much is enough? </li><li>Is financial freedom possible? </li><li>Do I want more toys? </li></ul>
IV. Power </li><li>"Knowledge is power" <ul> <li>Is an expert powerful? </li><li>Is an expert about God powerful? </li><li>Will knowledge make me powerful? </li></ul> </li><li>"Don&#x2019;t get mad, get even" <ul> <li>Rebellion? </li><li>Revenge? </li><li>Repentance? </li><li>Restitution? </li><li>Reconciliation? </li><li>Rebuilding trust? </li><li>Restoration? </li><li>Do I still want to get even? </li></ul> </li><li>"Speak softly and carry a big stick" <ul> <li>Who has the biggest stick? </li><li>Does God heal today? </li><li>Does God restore outcasts? </li><li>Are demons real? </li><li>Is raising the dead possible? </li><li>Can I have supernatural power? </li></ul>
&nbsp; </li><li>"When all else fails, read the instructions" </li></ol>

Details:
price: $7.99
bound: 138 pages
publisher: Edward B. Allen (May 1, 2017)
lang: English
asin:
isbn: 0997414766, 978-0997414769,
weight: 9.3 ounces (
filesize:

Love, Sex, Money, and Power: A Devotional Commentary Edward B. Allen
Love, Sex, Money, and Power: A Devotional Commentary download from SaberCatHost pdf Love, Sex, Money, and Power: A Devotional Commentary kindle download free

You may unsubscribe from Bible Gateways emails at any timeIt goes with what Freud said about the id, ego, and superego stagesKing Solomon: The Temptations of Money, Sex, and Power By: Philip Ryken Sample Pages Buy Item $12.99 Retail: $16.99 Save 24% ($4.00) 5 out of 5 stars (3 Reviews) In Stock Stock No: WW521546 Crossway / 2011 / Paperback Quantity: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10+ Add To Cart Add To Cart Add To Wishlist Add To Wishlist Buy eBook Begin reading in seconds $9.29 eBook Details Quantity: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10+ Add To Cart Add To Cart Wishlist Wishlist Call King Solomon: The Temptations of Money, Sex, and Power By: Philip Ryken Crossway / 2011 / Paperback 5 out of 5 stars (3 Reviews) Write a Review Buy 44 or more for $12.34 each.In StockStock No: WW521546 Browse All Products AcademicAccompaniment TracksAudiobooksBible AccessoriesBible CoversBible Studies & CurriculumBiblesBooksBuy in BulkCatholicChildrenChristian LivingChurch & PastoralChurch SuppliesCloseoutsClothing & AccessoriesCrafts & RecreationDownloadDVDseBookseBooks On SaleFamilyFictionGift & HomeHomeschoolLast Chance BargainsMusicNew ReleaseNon-FictionPre-OrderSlightly ImperfectSoftwareSpanishStreaming VideoStudent & TeensSubscriptionsSunday SchoolToysVBS Refine by Top Rated&#9660&#96501+ Stars2+ Stars3+ Stars4+ Stars5 starsPrice&#9660&#9650$0-$5$5-$10$10-$25$25-$50$50-$100$100 and upDiscount&#9660&#965010%+ Off20%+ Off30%+ Off40%+ Off50%+ Off60%+ Off70%+ Off80%+ Off90%+ Off Advanced Search Links Advanced Search Commentary Search Bible Finder Homeschool Finder Song Search Bible Study Search Editorial Reviews Others Also Purchased (15) Other Formats (2) Add To Cart &#9660&#9650Others Also Purchased (15) Add To Cart Description Availability Price Add Include Kingdom, Come! In Stock $1.49 Retail: $12.99 Add To Cart $1.49 1 Kings 1-11: The Rise and Fall of King Solomon In Stock $6.99 Retail: $8.99 Add To Cart $6.99 The Remarkable Wisdom of Solomon In Stock $9.99 Retail: $13.99 Add To Cart $9.99 Loving the Way Jesus Loves In Stock $9.99 Retail: $16.99 Add To Cart $9.99 Courage to Stand: Jeremiah's Message for Post-Christian Times In Stock $10.49 Retail: $12.99 Add To Cart $10.49 Why Everything Matters: The Gospel in Ecclesiastes In Stock $8.49 Retail: $14.99 Add To Cart $8.49 Is Jesus the Only Way? In Stock $6.29 Retail: $6.99 Add To Cart $6.29 Grace Transforming In Stock $3.99 Retail: $12.99 Add To Cart $3.99 The Life of Solomon -The Smart Guide to the Bible Series In Stock $9.99 Retail: $14.99 Add To Cart $9.99 Overcoming Sin and Temptation, Redesigned Cover In Stock $17.49 Retail: $25.00 Add To Cart $17.49 The Exemplary Husband, Revised In Stock $9.79 Retail: $13.95 Add To Cart $9.79 Mansfield's Book of Manly Men: An Utterly Invigorating Guide to Being Your Most Masculine Self In Stock $17.99 Retail: $19.99 Add To Cart $17.99 The Unauthorized Guide to Sex and Church In Stock $17.99 Add To Cart $17.99 The Message of Salvation: The Bible Speaks Today [BST] In Stock $13.99 Retail: $20.00 Add To Cart $13.99 Christmas Child, Director's Cut Edition In Stock $10.99 Retail: $14.95 Add To Cart $10.99 View All 15 Products Add To Cart &#9660&#9650Other Formats (2) Add To Cart Description Availability Price Add Include eBook In Stock $9.29 Retail: $13.99 Add To Cart 0 $9.29 Paperback In Stock $12.99 Retail: $16.99 Add To Cart $12.99 Add To Cart Product Description&#9660&#9650 Tracing Solomon's life from coronation to burial---from godly devotion to self-serving excess---Ryken reveals how the world's wisest king was led astray by the temptations of wealth, sex, and powerWhile these people still need friendship and love it is important to not be naive around them allowing yourself or other to be hurt by themThink of all the good that has come from their lives, and trust the Lord as they do (13:7)Ryken presents the reader with the highs and lows of Solomon's life as king of IsraelThey also looked at the opposite of the Dark Triad qualities in the personality traits of Humility-Honesty

Homepage Subject: Comment: * Notify me when new comments are posted All comments Replies to my comment Home page advertisement About the Author Susan Krauss Whitbourne, Ph.D., is a professor of psychology at the University of Massachusetts AmherstIf that is what you live for, you won't get much, and what you get, you lose.But God's treasure is abidingVideos Sign in Sign up Home Read Plans Videos More Sign in Sign up Ryken's approach whether he is preaching, teaching or writing is that he gets right to the point and helps the reader understand what he is sayingSolomon's Right Decision Early on in 1 Kings God approaches Solomon and offers to give him anything he asks for (1 Kings 3:9-13)However, the people who are the target of their manipulative and exploitative tendencies sooner or later learn to avoid or at least be wary of themThis is not only an admonition to those who follow but also a challenge to those who exercise the power of leadershipSolomon asked for wisdom Devotionals Bible Study Minute Crosswalk: The Devotional Your Daily Prayer In Touch with DrIn My Father's Shadow: Chronicles of Father download epub mobi pdf fb21 Kings 10: 26 tells us that Solomon had "1,400 chariots and 12,000 horsemen, and he stationed them in the chariot cities and with the king in Jerusalem." The life and rule of Solomon is truly a tragedyDetails: rank: price: $7.99 bound: 138 pages publisher: Edward B 5d8a9798ff

Карлик Hoc (Russian Edition)The Ruby in the Smoke: A Sally Lockhart MysteryThe 2018-2023 World Outlook for Automotive InteriorsBeautiful Courageous You: A journey of healing Spirit, Soul and Body from depression Lauralee BerrillThe Farmer and Stock-Breeder and Chamber of Agriculture Journal, Vol. 30: January 1, 1917 (Classic Reprint)The Recent Past from a Southern Standpoint: Reminiscences of a Grandfather Richard H 1816-1900 WilmerThe+Croc+%26amp%3B+The+Silly+Sleepy+Santa+%28The+Adventures+of+Miss+Croc%29+%28Volume+4%29WHAT IS THE FATHER STEPHEN&rsquo;S 8TH UNIVERSAL LAW CURSE LINKED TO WRONG TITHING IN THE HOLY BIBLEJean-des-Figues (French Edition)Annual Report of the Wisconsin State Horticultural Society, Vol. 27: For the Year 1897; Annual Meeting at Madison, February 2, 3, 4 and 5, 1897; ... Omro June 22 and 23, 1897 (Classic Reprint)

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Sam 8 Juil - 22:01 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    verycraft Index du Forum -> Divers -> Plainte Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation